Friday, January 8, 2010

I Love Mediterranean Foods!


The Traditional Mediterranean Diet

My traps (neck and shoulders) and mid-back are super sore today. Wonder if I slept in a strange position? I've done shoulder rolls a few times today... they feel good. Although I skipped yet another workout and will definitely fit one in this weekend. I have to keep reminding myself that every little bit counts when you move the T-Tapp way. Those shoulder rolls are so simple yet make such a big difference. I can also curl my core (doing it as we speak) while sitting at my desk and in the car, which happen to be the 2 places that I seem to be at most of the day.

I'm still trying to adjust to regular hours after all that vacation. This weather doesn't help either, it makes me want to hibernate. Today Berei kept saying, "It's going to snow!" You know what, it just might. And if that happened I think I would be thrilled and astonished at the same time. After all we do live in a tropical paradise.


Today's Food Log:

Brekkie

Home brewed Starbucks Breakfast Blend coffee with Silk French Vanilla Creamer.




Oikos Green Monster (1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, 2 cups fresh organic spinach, 1/2 cup Stonyfield Farms Plain Oikos Greek Yogurt, 1 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1 Tbsp organic flax)



I really love the yogurt addition! Lots of protein that makes the shake last until lunch.


Lunch

A crisp and cool Greek Salad with a little Southern-style potato salad.





Plus this super soft piece of bread.




Wine

I opened up a bottle of Alice White Shiraz and enjoyed a glass while cooking dinner.





... and poured another glass to drink with dinner.


Dinner

I got parsley! { everything you need to know about parsley from WHFoods } Someday I would really love to grow parsley, and lots of it. My tabbouleh recipe would probably use an entire plant! This year I plan on attempting to grow my own herbs and veggies on my porch, in window farms, EarthBoxes and self-watering containers. Just think of how amazing it would be to walk over to your window and pick fresh herbs to use in a meal. Will be doing a blog series about that... fresh features!



It's tabbouleh time! I used quinoa as the grain and absolutely devoured this super fresh tabbouleh salad. Yum.









Dessert

I ate the last of the chocolate... a Raspberry Bliss Meltaway.






I sure did eat a lot of
Mediterranean foods today! And I didn't even intentionally to do it. Just missing some grilled fish. Mmm... that's appetizing.

After dinner I actually made more Baked Potato Soup with Asparagus for this weekend. Yum! Usually I am not that ambitious in the kitchen after cooking an entire meal. It feels good to have a hearty wholesome meal ready for tomorrow. Can't wait to eat it.


Today's Supplements:


Alfalfa: 6 caps
Cellfood: 8 drops
Emergen-C: 1 packet
Jus: 1 ounce
nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete: 2 servings
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin® Bone & Joint Formula: 3 caps
Priority Women's Complete Multi: 4 caps
Wobenzym: 12 tablets


Au revoir!

No comments: