Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recipe Review: Shrimp & Quinoa


My Shrimp & Quinoa!
**4-stars**

It was SO good!!! The combination of flavors and balance of protein, veggies, quinoa and olive oil really satisfied my hunger. Plenty of leftovers!


Here's my modified recipe:

  • Used 1 portabello mushroom cap
  • Added extra asparagus and fresh garlic
  • Skipped the raisins (although I may try that tomorrow)
  • Picked up 1 lb of pealed and deveined shrimp on sale for $7.99

It was pretty tasty! I made all the quinoa I purchased (about 1 1/4 cup), so I can start trying out other recipes with it. Quinoa can be a very versatile food!

Check out the variety of recipes from Quinoa.net!



We finished a bottle of this delicious organic, vegan and sulfate free Red Zinfandel wine. Highly recommended! **4-stars**


Banana Almond Dust Muffins!
**5-stars**
*

Yes I made those! Such a fabulous ending to my meal. Healthy and homemade - yum.

Here's my *secret* recipe...

Casey's Banana Almond Dust Muffins

  • 1 cup whole wheat organic flour
  • 3/4 cup organic oats
  • 1/3 cup packed organic brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 cup original Almond Breeze (or soy/milk)
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 3-4 ripe bananas smashed
  • 1/2 cup copped almonds (use food processor for almond chunks and dust)
  • 1/2 cup organic raw almond butter (or peanut butter)
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375-degrees
  • Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder together
  • Pour in the Almond Breeze, beaten egg, bananas, almond butter, chopped almonds, vegetable oil and vanilla extract
  • Mix thoroughly together
  • Grease muffin pan with cooking spray/oil
  • Spoon in batter to rim of muffin tray
  • Cook at 375-degrees for 18-20 minutes
Viola! Delicious Banana Almond Dust muffins. I'm having one with yogurt and fruit for breakfast... yum!



Lil Roxy Love


After dinner I uploaded CDs to my iPod, uploaded pictures, posted this blog for your reading pleasure (and my benefit), balanced my checkbook and then paid bills. Check out this receipt as long as my arm!


From the Publix Greenwise Market, of course.


Good night my friends!

No comments: