Thursday, February 26, 2009

Transforming: Night Owl to Early Bird


Yesterday on Kashi.com they emailed me about a challenge that they're doing to start morning exercise:

If you’re normally a nighttime workout maven, consider switching to morning or midday workouts as the days shorten. Why? Not only can it provide a physical boost as you try something a little different physiologically, it can also help keep things fresh psychologically. Plus, studies show people who exercise earlier tend to stick to their routine better (common sense during those cold, dark, short winter days, don’t you think?). Today, challenge yourself to get your workout done early.

Sometimes it’s nearly impossible to get motivated to exercise after a long day of work. That’s why exercising in the morning is such a good idea. When you get moving early, you set the pace for the rest of your day. This month, challenge yourself to workout in the morning at least a few times a week.

I'm more of a night owl than a early bird (in fact, could not get to sleep last night for the life of me and really feeling it today). We have the "Daybreak Divas" here in Florida and I've honestly never been able to roll myself out of bed at 5am to make it to the class by 6am. Even thought it would great for my body and start my day off right, waking up early has never been easy for me.

So I want to try to take on this challenge. Wake up at 7am and do at least Basic Plus Tempo (maybe some additional moves) and work my way up to doing a full 45-60 minutes of T-Tapp. It would be nice to take the pup for a walk before work too.

I've also been really craving more stretching. I might try doing the Warm Up Stretches or getting a yoga DVD from the library. Any suggestions on a good beginner yoga DVD?

No comments: