Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oil Pulling

Oil pulling is fascinating to me. I've read a lot of material written on the subject recently. After a trip to the dentist in December I was told that my gums are starting to recede and that it's important to floss every day (after each meal if possible). It scared me - a lot. I'm in my (late) 20's there's no way my dental health is getting bad already!

I actually started oil pulling last year, but didn't keep up with it for too long. I was using an organic sunflower oil and it wasn't that bad. Some people can't handle it, but it really didn't bother me. I just got out of the habit of waking up 20 minutes earlier to swish around oil.

Actually I remembered to swish when I was brushing my teeth, so I will try starting this tomorrow.



{ Oil Pulling }

The Method

In the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr. Karach puts it as “sip, suck and pull through the teeth” for 15-20 minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough. It is then spit from the mouth, the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean.

Clean the sink properly (you can use some antibacterial soap to clean the sink) or spit into the toilet because the spittle contains harmful bacteria and toxic bodily waste. If one were to see one drop of this liquid magnified 600 times under a microscope, one would see microbes in their first stage of development. (FYI - I was spitting into the trash.)

It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one's metabolism is intensified. This leads to improved health. One of the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.

The oil pulling/swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach. Follow by drinking 2 - 3 glasses of water.


Precautions:

(a) Do not swallow. The oil should be spat out. But inadvertently if you swallow there is nothing to worry. It will go out through feces. Nothing is to be done.

(b) If you are allergic to a particular brand of oil, change the brand of oil or oil itself to different oil.

(c) Sunflower and Sesame oil have been found to be equally effective in curing diseases. Other oils were not found to be as good. Do not blame oil pulling by practicing with other oils. Use refined oils.


Info from Oil Pulling site: www.oilpulling.com

T-Tapp Forum Thread: Oil Pulling/Swishing

No comments: