Monday, June 22, 2009

Since my last post...

A lot has happened! I can't believe that it's been almost a week and a half since my last post. I've been thinking about posting, but have too much going on.



My Weekend
The weekend of June 13th was spent sleeping. I was only awake for about 6 hours on Sunday. Just really feeling like crap from this sickness. Guess I needed lots of sleep! I've been getting in my Alfalfa, Emergen-C, hot tea, lots of water and started taking Colloidal Silver. Teresa's been talking about Colloidal Silver for years now, but I never got around to trying it. I can tell a difference right away - it's not lasting, but it helps a little at least. At this point I'll try anything to get well.


The Work Week
I made it to work Monday, but ended up heading home to complete the work day on the couch answering emails and doing stuff online. I didn't make it to my appointments - its the first time I've canceled. Tuesday I stayed home. Wednesday was about a half day due to my appointments.


The Vacation
On Thursday Lauren and I left for our New York vacation. My friends Caroline and Tommy got married on Long Island. I was in the wedding (my first time as a bridesmaid). It was a beautiful service and has to be the most amazing wedding reception I have been to. We had SO much fun. Great times with old and new friends! Caroline took us into the city on Thursday evening (even though it was raining). We went shopping, ate sushi in honor of the 1st Annual International Sushi Day, visited Times Square and took lots of photos. I LOVE NEW YORK! We came home on Sunday - both still sick with a cough and congestion - to hot and humid Florida (about 98 degrees). I already miss New York.


The Tragedy

Yesterday I had plans to meet my dad for a Father's Day celebration after my appointments. Unfortunately, I got some really tragic news about my step sister, Tanya. She's been working in New Jersey on a Tall Ship - such a gypsy girl full of adventure! Apparently she met a boy and went into the city to play guitars and hang out. On their way back to the ship it was raining, he lost control of his Mazda Miata... they crash and both died.


Tanya - Self Portrait 2004

I am heartbroken. She had so much life to live! It's so sad that it was taken away this early. I feel for her mother, father, sister and family... I am her family too. I will miss her at the holidays. Miss hearing about her adventures and seeing the new artwork she's created. She was an amazing artist, poet and friend. Check out her portfolio here. Most of all I'll miss the times that we didn't have together... I'll miss her as my sister.

Tanya Kimberly Orme

May 21, 1985 - June 21, 2009: Just 24, in love with life and the sea, you have truly made the world a better place. We all miss you deeply. A memorial service & gathering for friends and family will be held at Tanya's home, 333 Marie Street, Palm Harbor, FL 34683, Sunday, June 28, starting at 2 pm. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Homeless Emergency Project, 1120 N Betty Lane, Clearwater, FL 33755 (online at www.ethep.org); or the Bayshore Discovery Project, 2800 High St. (Bivalve), Port Norris, NJ 08349 (home of the Schooner A. J. Meerwald).


No comments: