Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Green Monster To Go + Jus Tasting Party

My neck and back were sore this morning, so I did Primary Back Stretch and body brushed.


8:25am: Spriu-tein Vanilla Green Monster to go




Morning supplements:
Alfalfa: 3 caps
Priority Women's Complete Multi: 2 caps


I have my appointments this afternoon. Then planned on meeting up with my dad just to say hi and catch up for a bit since I'll be near his office. After that at 7pm there's a Jus Taste Party at Back N' Balance. I'm going to try to make it, but may not. It's my workout day and if I don't get home at a reasonable time I may not exercise for very long or at all.


12:10pm: 2 boiled eggs with sea salt and salad (romaine, carrots, onion, a little cheese, sunflower seeds)



Afternoon supplements:
Alfalfa: 3 caps
B-12: 4 sprays
Priority Women's Complete Multi: 2 caps


After my appointments I met my dad in Dunedin at Kelly's Chic-a-boom Room. I opted not to drink since I can't stand drinking and driving. But I was SO tired!!!


5:30pm: 2 cups of hot coffee with cream/sugar

Coffee doesn't do much for me anymore. Sorry no photo.


6:30pm: Cajun grouper sandwich, a little cole slaw


Dad ate the pickle.


I headed over to the Jus Tasting Party after dinner since I was still in Dunedin. Just a few people came, but hey I can't turn down free Jus! Love the stuff. :)


I learned some new things about Jus...

  1. Most of the ingredients are wild or organic. They also take the Jus through so many different testings to ensure that there are no pesticides, herbicides or insecticides in any of the ingredients.
  2. They are changing the formula of Jus starting October 1st to include Resveratrol and make the ORAC values more even across the board. The new ORAC value for the new formula is 6400, which still blows all other comparable products out of the water. Resveratrol is only highly absorbed through the mouth. (Taken in a pill form is only partially assimilated -- just like everything else, liquid form is always better!)
  3. There are different ways to measure antioxidant levels. ORAC is just one of the tests and it measures the Peroxyl free radical. There is also a HORAC test to measure Hydroxyl, NORAC test to measure Peroxynitrite, SORAC test to measure Superoxide Anion and SOAC test to measure Singlet Oxygen. Jus testing on all of these scales still has much higher antioxidant levels than all major competitors. Will do a separate post on this later because it is really interesting to me!
  4. I love the Jus gel packs!!! Finally got to taste them for the first time and you know what... they're great! The taste is not as potent as the regular Jus and you just eat the gel right out of the packet. They would be great for runners to take for extra energy on long runs, travelers to take on trips and for anyone to carry in their purse or pocket to have some Jus power on the go.
I really felt the Jus zing! Normally I take 1 ounce Jus in the morning. Tonight I had 1 ounce of Jus and 1 Jus gel pack and I really felt the energy boost zing right away. It was amazing. I am going to LOVE taking this stuff before long T-Tapp workouts at the Retreat this week!


SO I never got that workout in today. It's late. Oh well... at least I got in my morning stretch and brushing!


No comments: