Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brunch, Shopping, Costume Party

Roxy woke me up this morning at the usual time. We went on a little walk. Instead of going back to bed when we got home I put on my workout gear and pushed play. I did Tempo 2 through Runner's Stretch plus Step Lift Sequence and Lawnmowers. And body brushed.

Lauren came over and we went to First Watch for brunch.


11:30am: cup of coffee with cream/sugar, Power Wrap




Power Wrap™
Fluffy egg whites, turkey, spinach and mushrooms wrapped tightly in a sundried tomato basil tortilla with Swiss cheese. Served with fresh fruit and homemade salsa

Honestly, I wasn't impressed. Maybe I should have gotten something a bit more breakfasty? Like eggs and bacon or French toast. I need to find a unique breakfast spot that has amazing food and atmosphere.



Downtown Tampa


Then we shopped around the Hyde Park area. We stopped at my favorite thrift store, Second Image, and attempted to find a decent yard sale without any luck. Walked through a few antique shops that had such amazing pieces that it felt like a classic furniture museum.


Stained glass from the antique shop.

This has inspired me to take stained glass art classes. I found a place nearby called the Hyde Park Art Glass studio. The classes are once a week for $10 plus materials. My mom used to make stained glass too. Looks like fun!

Old Hyde Park Village was fun, but not good for the thrifty budget. We both love the Anthropologie store and everything in it! At the end of the day I came home with a $4 mod-style dress and shoe laces for my Halloween costume. It was just fun hanging with La all day.


I really slacked on my food photos today. Sorry!


12:10pm: Starbucks iced grande nonfat vanilla latte

Somehow we skipped lunch?

4:00pm: snacked on whole wheat Goldfish crackers

5:30pm: banana nut coconut muffin

6:30pm: Chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich




Tonight we went to a Halloween costume party with a bonfire and keg. I dressed up, but neglected to take any photos of myself. Oops. Don't worry, I'll have plenty from Halloween!




Over the course of the evening...

8:00pm-11:00pm: 3 light beers




I also got into the candy, unfortunately. I gobbled about 5 bite-size Reece's peanut butter cups, 1 bite-size Snicker's bar and a packet of Ritz peanut butter crackers.

Marcel's band played a set. I took a power nap in the car at midnight. We ended up staying out until 3am with a 45 minute drive home.


To top the night off...

4:00am: scrambled eggs with reduced fat feta cheese and 12 grain English muffin with butter

Sorry no photo. I was starving!


No comments: