To me Thanksgiving really is a time to reflect on the things that I am thankful for in my life, to spend time with the ones I love and reconnect with each other over an amazing meal.
I am thankful for...
- My puppy - she really does light up my life!
- My boyfriend - he rocks my world.
- My family - they are always there for me and so supportive.
- My friends - for being fun and making me smile.
- Living in Florida near the water and sunshine (I have no idea what a real winter is like.)
- 4 day weekends!
- The T-Tapp Workout - for making my body look and feel good.
- T'appy Holidays - for keeping me focused.
- Creative expression
- AND sooo much more!
As Angela @ OhSheGlows.com wrote in her blog "10 Ways to Beat Holiday Stress":
Stress Busting Tip #6: Make a list and put it in your pocket
Most of all, try to focus on the positives of the holiday. Remind yourself what you are grateful for during those times of high stress.
Before your holiday event, write a short list of 5 things you are happy about in your life. Keep the list in your pocket and read it over whenever you are feeling stressed. Excuse yourself, go to the washroom, lock the door and zone out for a few minutes reading your list and thinking about why you are lucky to be you. Deep breaths. Repeat a mantra like: Ocean, ocean, ocean...
Just breathe! Great advice, yes? Check out her blog for more great tips for the holidays.
Off to get in my morning workout, body brushing and a healthy brekkie before heading over to my Dad's for the day. Roxy's coming too!