Thursday, November 26, 2009

Food, Family & Fun

Ah, Thanksgiving is here! Up early for a morning workout to start my day off right.

I did Basic Workout + Maxi Max #1 Floor for about a 45 minute standing/floor combination workout. It feels great to already have my exercise checked off for the day. biggrin

9:30am: green and orange monster


2 servings of veggies!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups fresh spinach
  • frozen banana
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp organic flax

10:30am: egg and cheese on whole wheat English muffin


0.5 serving of veggies!


Morning Supplements:
Alfalfa: 3 caps
Jus: 1 ounce (0.5 serving of veggies!)
Priority Women's Complete Multi: 3 caps


I kinda skipped lunch. We headed over to my Dad's house with puppy in tow. My aunt, uncle and cousins where there from out of state. It was great to see them again and catch up on their lives.

I snacked on some raw veggies (about 1/2 cup, 1/2 serving of veggies!) with a little ranch dip and a cheesy pastry tart, plus had a Bud Select beer (99 calories, 0g fat, 3.1 carbs). Sorry no photos!

The men played croquet in the yard while the women put the finishing touches on our feast. Roxy was absolutely fascinated with the croquet balls! She would've started batting them around if I let her off the leash.




surprised She loves sticking out her tongue!


4:40pm: Thanksgiving feast, glass of Beaujolais Nouveau 2009


2 servings of veggies!

On my plate starting with the turkey going clockwise:
  • turkey with a little mushroom gravy
  • scoop of mashed garlic potatoes
  • healthy green bean casserole
  • scoop of stuffing
  • roasted sweet potatoes
  • 2 bacon wrapped scallops
  • fresh homemade cranberry sauce in the middle
The sweet potatoes were fantastic!


Beautiful!





Thanksgiving dinner hands down is my most favorite meal of the year. It's just amazing!


6:20pm: slice of pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream, coffee with whipped cream/sugar






After dessert we all went for a walk around the neighborhood... and bundled up. It got cold today for Florida (in the lower 60's). We walked down to the water and the wind really picked up, so we headed back to the house to warm up and play some games.

Roxy crashed...




By the time we got home I was hungry again, so I snacked on...

11:30pm: slice of rosemary and pumpernickel bread with brie cheese, roasted garlic and olives




The temperature in Tampa got down to 58-degrees!!! Brrrrrrrrrr!


eek That's darn cold for Florida natives like me.

Good night!

No comments: