Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting 2009, Forcasting 2010



This year was a whirlwind. Really, it was. Seems like it was just summertime and now we're starting a new year. Can't believe that it's the last day of 2009!

There's a certain feeling of starting fresh with a new year. For my resolutions I like to think of 10 things that I want to improve upon, learn or change in a positive way.

I think I actually did pretty well on my 2009 resolutions!

1. Exercise consistently. Check!
I did pretty darn good with consistency for a while. Now taking it easy after my injury.

2. Eat healthy and visit the farmer's markets. Check!
I learned how to eat 6 servings of veggies a day thanks to T'appy Holidays! Could always do more of this and continue the healthy habit. Been missing the farmer's markets! They just opened up again with local produce in November. Will try going this weekend and blog about it.


3. Take better care of car. Check!
I put in a few $K in my Honda before it was totaled in March. Can't wait to get my Mazda back from the body shop!

4. Make a cozier home. Check!
I got lots of cozy items for the apartment. We're settling in so nicely that our space is starting to feel smaller. Thinks it's time for some new IKEA shelves and tables.

5. Learn yoga. Check!
I tried several new yoga DVDs, but am not yet a yogini. Now love downward facing dog! In 2010 I want to try going to live classes.

6. Read more. Check!
I read the whole Twilight series. Dreamy! ♥

7. Continue the past few year's resolution, which has been "Don't get any traffic tickets!" Check!
I'm running on a 5 year streak!

8. Save more money...
Didn't do so good on this one. Try again in 2010! Maybe if I have something to focus on it will be more worth while.

9. Create more art. Check!
Being creative has always been a passion of mine, but as I get older I find that art is something that I really have to make time for. I did, however, make some cool things in 2009.

10. Learn a new language.
I downloaded the Rosetta Stone for French and Spanish. For a little while I worked with the French program, but haven't been very consistent.


So there you have it!

In addition to continuing and elaborating on many of my resolutions from this year as well as making some new healthy resolutions for 2010...

1. Come away from this injury healthy and strong.
2. Start a herb garden and window farm.

3. Experiment with at least 1 new recipe per week.

4. Find time to meditate, completely relax for at least 15 minutes a day.

5. Launch my two new blog site projects.

6. Take art classes, always be creative, fill canvases.

7. Learn French well.
Bonjour!
8. Get a Passport and travel out of the country (hopefully to France one day).

9. Start saving a nest egg for the fun in the future.

10. Become financially free from credit.

And blog about all of it!


2010 is going to be a busy year!




No comments: