Monday, December 21, 2009

Welcoming the Winter Solstice

I'm a Florida girl (born and raised) who has been lucky enough to travel around and out of the country over my 20-something years on this planet. I adore travel. New places, sites, experiences, cultures, adventures, memories... I soak it up. Travel has always been a passion of mine.

A year ago I saw snow fall from the sky for the first time in my life. It was a magical flurry for the first snow of the season in Salt Lake City, Utah. The snow started around the same time that my plane landed on the runway.

About two years before that while in Las Vegas for a friend's wedding my sister got a craving for snowboarding. We rented a little SUV and drove across a few states to a mountain lodge in southern Utah. With a serious hangover I attempted to get on a snowboard for the first time in my life and walk on real ice for the first time in my life. I was NOT a pretty site! (Yes, I can ice skate, but watch me fall off of any kind of board - unless I'm sitting down.) Besides the adventure of it all, the miniature snowman someone built under the birch trees and watching my little sister rock the board down the mountain, it was a rough day and I returned back to Vegas sore, exhausted and ready to melt.

Miniature Snowman!
My sister with the miniature snowman!
{ photo taken with a crappy disposable camera }


Needless to say I'm on my way to the 30th milestone and have yet to experience a real winter. Strange how my two - and only - experiences with snow happened in Utah.

Today is the Winter Solstice! Luckily, the weather in the Tampa Bay area did get a bit colder in celebration of the shortest day of the year.


Brrrrr!!!


Although I will not see snow before 2010 unless a miracle happens in tropical Florida, there's always next year...




I had another appointment this morning at the Pierce Clinic. It went really well! My body is responding fantastically to the treatment so far. Looks like I'm on my way to recovery. smile


Today's Food Log

8:10am: Bacon, Egg and Cheese on 12 Grain English Muffin, Coffee with Silk French Vanilla Creamer




1:15pm: Organic Baby Carrots, Bear Naked Banana Nut Granola

Sorry no photo due to driving and snacking...


1:35pm: Campbell's Butternut Squash Soup (1/2 box)



So do not have an appetite today...


2:40pm: Starbucks Grande Nonfat Vanilla Latte, slice of Frosted Lemon Cake




7:40pm: Beef Stroganoff, glass of Bohemian Highway Merlot




What's the Christmas tree doing in my wine glass?


Today's Supplements:

Alfalfa: 6 caps
Emergen-C: 1 packet
Jus: 1 ounce
nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete: 2 servings
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin® Bone & Joint Formula: 3 caps


I spent the evening watching Birthday Girl on Netflix.com, blogging, surfing the net and playing with Roxy. Now for bed... I'll do that HUGE pile of dishes tomorrow. wink


Au revoir!


No comments: