Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Two Days of 2010

Friday, January 1st

Oh my, last night really took a lot out of me. I just can't hang until 4am anymore! Woke up around 11am... and could probably sleep more.

Our heater broke and it's cold for Florida weather! My apartment is stuck at 65-degrees. It's about 15 degrees colder outside. Brrrr! We're calling maintenance on Monday. Toughing it out... will the oven on. On the flip side the power and gas bills were a lot lower this month since we haven't run the AC or heat at all.

Breakfast

Whole Wheat Flax Pancakes topped with sliced almonds, cinnamon, coconut and organic maple syrup



and Coffee with Silk French Vanilla




I did something horrible this afternoon. As I was sleepily looking through my photos on my camera and accidentally ended up deleting all of them!!! Since my computer has no more storage I was using my camera memory card as storage. BAD idea! I deleted over 600 images. I am SO upset with myself right now!!!


For our very late lunch we made another batch of tabbouleh. Then we left to go visit with Marcel's friends in Riverview. It was a FAR drive, but we had fun playing Wii games, pool, drinking a few beers and hanging out... until 3:30am. I miss the Wii!

Yet another night that ran over into the morning.

I made a fried egg and slice of Ezekiel toast for a wee-morning snack.


Saturday, January 2nd

Honestly, I just want to be lazy and not do anything today. After two nights in a row of getting home around 4am I am beat. Today is officially the day of laziness and recovery.

Brekkie

Oatmeal with Original Almond Breeze, organic maple syrup, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, coconut and cinnamon.



Coffee with Silk French Vanilla Creamer




Lunch

We ventured out of the house to Einstein's for bagel sandwiches. I enjoyed my usual Veg Out on an everything bagel with chips and a medium vanilla hazelnut coffee with cream/sugar.






For dessert I shared a coconut macaroon with Marcel.





After picking up lunch I wanted to stop at Rollin' Oats, a health food store I've been meaning to discover since we moved here. It's a small independently owned store. Have to say that I really liked the place and we'll be shopping there again in the near future. Rollin' Oats in St. Pete is also a great store. This year I want to purchase mostly organic foods from small stores and farmer's markets instead of the mainstream chain stores. Rollin' Oats is just past Whole Foods and closer than the GreenWise Market.


Snack

Belly Lou's Spirulina Nut Butter Ball





This was an interesting flavor, but I liked it.


Dinner

Tonight we got creative in the kitchen! I have all these potatoes leftover from Christmas (didn't ever get around to using them), so I looked up a baked potato soup recipe. Turned out to be the perfect comforting meal for a cold night.

Baked Potato Soup, Tabbouleh and Asiago Toast



Also had a glass or two of this Stellar Organic Shiraz with chocolate.






Au revoir!

No comments: