Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recipe Review: Baked Potato Soup

With all these Idaho potatoes left over from the holidays and the colder weather we've been having I decided to make a comforting soup. I hopped on Allrecipes.com and discovered this Baked Potato Soup recipe.


Topped with Cheddar Cheese, Fresh Parsley, Organic Bacon, Paprika and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.

This soup turned out to be delicious and perfect for the evening! (I love anything with a little cream.) I followed the recipe exactly, except that I boiled the potatoes and then sliced them into chunks. Baking potatoes just takes too long on short notice and I try to avoid the microwave if I can.


I ate the soup with some fresh tabbouleh and Asiago toast.

This recipe is wonderful reheated as well. More flavors come out the longer the ingredients sit together. Makes a great fast and filling lunch!

To make a healthier version of this replace the cream with lowfat organic milk, cheese with reduced fat cheddar and bacon with turkey bacon. Might try that later this week... or with sweet potatoes instead!

Stay warm!

No comments: