Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Serious Burritos & Rainbow Salad

Oh yes, in this post you will find... a very serious burrito my friends. Also, Marcel's been cooking for me again. LOVE that! A mini review on the new movie Youth in Revolt. Scandinavian Almond Bars are to die for! And a beautiful rainbow salad to end my evening.

Please enjoy my food diary...


Tuesday, January 5th

Brekkie

Green Monster with 2 cups spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup Original Almond Breeze, 1 Tbsp organic flax and 1 Tbsp peanut butter.




Lunch

Kashi Sweet & Sour Chicken frozen meal




Dinner

Marcel cooked a repeat dinner of last night...

Organic Chicken Sausage with whole wheat pasta, spinach and Parmesan cheese.






Movie Night

After dinner we drove to the movie theater for Youth in Revolt. Funny, feel good (or bad) teen movie! We had a few laughs, which means it was worth the trip. Hey, gotta love free movies.


Snack

A bunch of Reeces Pieces and some iced tea. No photo, they frown on that in theaters.



Wednesday, January 6th

Brekkie

Fried egg on Ezekiel toast with fresh spinach.



And a Starbucks Grande Nonfat Vanilla Latte with Scandinavian Almond Bar. (Courtesy of Jennifer. Thanks Jen!)



My car is having a little issue after getting out of the shop. Seems to like stalling out on me when I slow down or come to a stop. Not cool. So I made an appointment and brought my car back to the mechanic today at lunch. Luckily, it was right by my dad's office and we got a chance to go out to lunch together. He took me to this neat little place off of 580 in Dunedin called Juan's Mexican Grill.


Snack

Organic Gala Apple




Lunch

I ordered a burrito that ended up being the size of my face. But it was so awesome!



This is a very serious burrito right here!



Some tortilla chips and salsa...




Snack

Hot Pomagranate Tea and another Scandinavian Almond Bar



Cookie Closeup!


These bars turned out amazing! I was going to make them for our holiday cookie exchange, but Jen decided to make them instead. They go well with hot tea or coffee!


Dinner

1/2 Chicken Philly Sub with a Huge Rainbow Salad




Romaine, Spinach, Tomato, Carrot, Purple Cabbage, Garlic + Seriously Sharp Cheddar
That was delish!!!


Au revoir!

No comments: