Friday, February 19, 2010

Late Night Snack: Organic Corn Bread

I recently purchased organic corn meal and pastry flour to make my own GMO-free good-for-you corn bread at home. Growing up in the south we used to eat corn bread at least once a month with butter and honey. It was such a treat!

So last night I attempted to bake my own batch of organic corn bread from scratch. BUT I made a HUGE cooking mistake and used baking soda instead of baking powder!! Have you ever done that?! The bread turned out to be inedible... and my boyfriend literally spit it out. Haha! Baking disaster alert!

I decided to try the recipe again (around 11pm) after we figured out what I did... and of course, it turned out to be none less than amazing!



I topped mine with some of this little Honey Ridge Farm Apricot Honey Creme sample we got at the T-Tapp Retreat last October.






Au revoir!

No comments: