Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweet Tomatoes & Killer Workout



I came home after work and we left for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, an all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar. February is potato fest! I'm opting for sweet potatoes instead of white, starchy ones tonight.

When we got home I chilled out for a bit to let my food digest and then worked with... drum roll please...

Workout: Tempo 2 - 8 reps!

In case you were wondering, Tempo 2 is the next level up from the original T-Tapp program: the Total Workout. Tempo 2 includes a few variations on some of the exercises that help to increase your muscle activation, which means better overall results. It also has two different level workouts on one DVD: Tempo 8 Reps and Tempo 10 Reps (intermediate level). I'm sticking with the 8 Rep workout for a few weeks.

Oh, Tempo 2 how I've missed you! Don't get me wrong,
T-Tapp MORE is a fantastic workout program and really did help me with some of my accident-related rehabilitative issues and getting my body moving again during the past month. Prior to the accident I was doing more advanced level T-Tapp workouts and that's just what my body was craving. However, I did apply some of the T-Tapp MORE techniques I learned when doing Tempo 2. I still use a towel on Primary Back Stretch, but can maintain a flat back and tight tummy. I always slow down the neck movements and do a very controlled T-Tapp Twist with extra breathing.

Over the past month I missed doing 8 repetitions at a stead pace and craved the exercises Balance Sequence, Thread the Needle, Step Lift Sequence and Lawnmowers. Surprisingly I was able to pretty much keep pace and good form along with the workout tonight. My balance is okay considering I haven't been doing much balancing recently. Can't believe how crunchy my joints sounded tonight though. They will quiet down after a few more sessions. It's good to move. I feel amazing right now!!!


Plus I accomplished body brushing today.


Food Log


Latte

Starbucks Grande Nonfat Vanilla Latte.



Okay, slipped up on this one. Jeanne offered to pick up coffee and it was "that" time of day when my body needed a pick-me-up, so I caved. Only drank a little more than 1/2 of this one -- should have gotten a tall instead and saved a $1. Next time I'm going for tea.


Dinner

Here's what I got at Sweet Tomatoes...

The star of the night was this Golden Yam Bisque. Amazingly good! I ate two bowls.



I loaded up on fresh salad!


On this plate:
Romaine, Spinach, Cabbage, Carrots, Tomatoes,
Cucumber, Beets, Zucchini, Broccoli (hiding) and Sunflower Seeds.


And almost ate all of it!

A small Sweet Potato with a little whipped butter.




Dessert

I ate the mini muffin tops and left the rest. Don't know what they did, but they sure did mess up the fabulous muffins they used to make.


Chocolate chip on the left, Blueberry on the right.


They used to be so good you'd want to smuggle some out in your purse.


I also had a bite of Marcel's corn bread and it was really good. Better than the muffins.

Oh, and some of this strawberry drink.




Post-workout Water and Wine...


Cheers!


Supplements

Alfalfa: 3 caps
nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete: 1 serving
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin® Bone & Joint Formula: 1 cap

Water intake: 2.5 liters

Au revoir!

No comments: