Friday, May 14, 2010

On the Menu: Beach Picnic


Can you say TGIF? I can!

I am SO looking forward to starting my weekend! Since my man is out of town I thought it would be the perfect time to reconnect with my best friend, Lolly. (T-Tappers will know her as Lauren and know her well since she's super helpful on the phones in the office.) She invited me over to stay at her house tonight. We're planning on working out, making dinner and going to The 8th Avenue Pub... then walking home. Roxy's coming along for the ride, well, except for the Pub.

Saturday morning we're planning on going out to breakfast at a local place then heading to Sand Key Beach for a lunchtime picnic in the sun. I'm excited! I adore beach days... even though I don't get out there as much as I'd like to. Sand Key is a beautiful beach! We're probably going to the North Sand Key area you see in the map below.



At the same time I am devastated about the oil "spill" currently gushing in the Gulf. And very, very worried -- not only for Florida's Gulf Coast, but about the entire East Coast of the country. I'm trying to think positive thoughts and wish that the people in power actually DO something about this one and FIX the problem before the entire United States is blaming BP for ruining our country's coast line... and beyond. It truly breaks my heart to know that sea creatures are dying by the minute from polluted waters that they used to call home.


On the Menu

Fresh Florida Watermelon Slices
Perfect for this time of year!



Picnic Chicken and Hummus Pita
Adapted from this recipe - just add more veggies and hummus instead of mayo)



Margaritas on the Rocks
Classic!



Plus lots of water!!!



Au revoir!



P.S. Check out Lolly's new baking blog: Delicious Devotion! She's the one that made that amazing Rainbow Cake a few weeks back.

No comments: