Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 2010 Workout Summary



Well, this month was a total bust due to MOVING!!! Took a LOT of this time off from exercise... except lifting boxes, walking and using stairs. I don't want to move again for a very, very long time!

I did a few Basic Workouts here and there, Primary Back Stretch and body brushing several days, many a sets of Hoe Downs and applied T-Tapp techniques throughout my day. For my body that's not enough. I literally crave more T-Tapp exercise and need a full workout a few times a week... otherwise I will have back/neck/body pain, headaches, low energy, etc, etc if I go too long without it. (Read: I can't go longer than 2 days without pain if I'm not T-Tapping.)

Just started a 4-day Boot Camp yesterday (Tuesday, June 29th). Today is day 2. I'm sore! Mainly in my thighs and hamstrings... those stretches really get me when I get away from my T-Tapp practice. That first Tempo 2 (8 Reps) workout was tough! My joints were creaking and popping back into alignment. Certain moves weren't necessarily comfortable (I go very neck stretches!), but I know I'm doing them properly and to my best ability and that T-Tapp exercises are rehabilitative. Before I even got to T-Tapp Twist I could feel things releasing in my body... sort of letting go. I don't really know how else to explain it. By the end of the workout my heart rate was still up and I felt like I had a great sweat session.

Today's workout was tough too, but in a different way. I didn't sweat as much, but my hamstrings are sore and so the stretching was still challenging. I feel like I was working to my maximum ability with the exercises and could feel the "burn", but my mind did wander a bit. I will try to focus more on the movement of the moment during tomorrow's Day 3 workout.

Here's to a July filled with consistent T-Tapp workouts and bundles of healthy habits!

No comments: