Monday, June 14, 2010

Updates from the Moving Maven



Well friends... it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. What can I say? Life has been busy, busy, busy! I got a new apartment in the Water... Clearwater, Florida that is. Have been moving my stuff out of my Dad's (weekend before last) and for the past week been moving out of storage (very slowly). Finished up the last of the moving Sunday evening (um, just last night). I'm exhausted! Now it's all about unpacking, organizing and cleaning once again. The boxes are stacked so high I can't walk into my living room at this point. I have my work cut out for me! I guess you could call me the Moving Maven!

Pluses and ups of the new apartment:
  • Tile throughout, except the bedroom
  • Huge walk-in closet, linen closet and pantry
  • Glass-top self-cleaning oven
  • Open kitchen
  • Free AC filters each month
  • Dog walk area right outside my door, plus a little dog park on the property
  • One building away from pool and laundry areas
  • Less than 10 minute drive from the office
  • Central Pinellas County location (can get to Tampa, St. Pete or Clearwater Beach in 20-30 minutes)
Now for the bad things...
  • Upper kitchen cabinets are really dirty on the inside and made from nasty toxic fiberboard (lower cabinets are not) so there's a lack of storage in the kitchen. I'm not about to put clean dishes or food in those cabinets! Don't know what to do or if they can be "fixed". Maintenance already came out and apparently sprayed the insides with bleach, but it hasn't done anything to the smell. Even if they were lined they would still give off toxic fumes. It's just not a sanitary place to keep stuff I plan on putting near my face. Very disheartening considering mostly everything else is awesome!
  • Hot and cold are switched on the kitchen sink so I repeatedly burn myself. Ugh.
  • Parking is not great, at all. They're working on getting assigned parking, but for now it's a free for all and can be limiting.
  • There's only one way in and one way out of the complex. It's like a big circle with one way drive all the way around.

My healthy habits have been seriously lacking. I can't wait to get back into my healthy routine. Feel like I've gained a few inches here and there due to all that's been going on in the past month or so. I'm still kind of eating like I'm on vacation... living on Starbucks and take out due to not having my kitchen supplies (until now). I'm in a 60-Day Challenge and really feel like I should start over. Once I clear some space to exercise I'm planning on doing a 4 to 7 day boot camp with Tempo 2. Should make my back feel better too. I had to get a chiropractic adjustment last Monday and it really took a lot out of me. I went 5 months without an adjustment! I need to get back on track, for real.

My blog has a new look! Blogger just launched a new template designer and I absolutely LOVE it. So easy to use... and cute!

I've taken so many photos! Over 800 images in little less than a month. At this point I'm thinking it would be overkill to go back and do my daily posts for the blog. Seriously, you'd be reading for days. However, I will be posting a vacation recap of the road trip. Oh, I almost forgot... I took a vacation from my vacation two weekends ago. We got a room at a dog-friendly bed and breakfast on Madeira Beach. It was so relaxing and literally a 30 second walk from the beach itself. I got lots of sun and almost have my bronze back.

Will be doing a daily recap of today's eats this evening... stay tuned.

Au revoir!

No comments: