Monday, August 9, 2010

{ weekend } Ybor City Farmers Market

My weekend was all about food!  We woke up early on Saturday morning to make it to the Ybor City Farmers Market.  Last time we were there I got some great stuff.

Before heading out I made some scrambled eggs with BVI seasoning with a side salad of organic romaine and tomatoes.


At the farmers market produce was scarce (not much organic stuff either) and the market was mostly crafty people or bakers selling their items.  It was still a fun experience, but I was really hoping to load up on organic veggies! Guess joining a CSA might be the better idea in this city.

I picked up a Raw Summer Honey Bear and some Camomile Tea from Tea & Me.  We shared this Iced Chai Tea and Chocolate Biscottis from Joey Biscotti.


Very refreshing on a hot summer morning!

Since we were in Tampa we decided to stop by Publix GreenWise Market in Hyde Park.  I really stocked up on food!  We got tons of organic stuff, but I still felt unsatisfied with the veggie selection.  Maybe Whole Foods is better?

For lunch I made a quick grilled cheddar on whole wheat with organic mixed greens and tomatoes.

And enjoyed this Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water.  Great for the skin and full of natural electrolytes.  I love anything coconut!

Later I had some Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips with Organic Medium Salsa... and then baked with cheddar cheese. Yum!


I ♥ organic blue corn chips!

Had a glass of Pinot Noir...

And for dinner I made Organic Turkey Tacos in Blue Corn Shells with side "salad" of avocado, green onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cheese.



After dinner I made Organic Zucchini Nut Muffins. OMG yummy!  Will do a recipe review on a separate blog post.

Yes, that's homemade icing!



Sunday, August 8th

I started my Sunday with another zucchini muffin with butter.


And an egg with cheddar, organic spinach and crispy bacon.


Plus a mimosa with a strawberry...


What a divine breakfast!

I later snacked on some organic strawberries with a little whipped cream.


And another few baby muffins... honestly I couldn't stop eating them for most of the day.

For lunch I had a repeat of Saturday's dinner... organic turkey tacos in blue corn shells.


I got a whole wheat pizza dough from Publix and made my own veggie pizza for dinner.


Tomato sauce, garlic, onion, mushrooms and spinach with cheddar and red pepper flakes.  I would have liked the dough to be crispier.  It turned out pretty chewy.

Au revoir!

No comments: