Tuesday, September 14, 2010

{ weekend } Rock, Sleep, Eat

Clear Blue Skies!


Things I did last weekend...
  • Organized my filing cabinet.  Exciting!  
  • Took several naps. Guess I needed the extra sleep.
  • Made cookies!  Oatmeal Almond and Cherry Chocolate Balls again.
  • Rocked out Saturday night to 6 great bands.
  • Stayed up later than I have in forever... went to bed just before 5am on Sunday morning.

Things I didn't do last weekend...
  • Workout more than just PBS and Hoe Downs.
  • Keep track of my healthy habits


Friday's Eats

Brekkie

I know I wasn't feeling that well Friday morning.  Before work I ate 1 scrambled egg and downed a bunch of water and vitamins.

Then ordered a Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte (unsweet) and made Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast with Organic PB.



Lunch

I think this qualifies for lunch since it was what I ate after breakfast... even though I ate it after 5pm.  1/2 Pumpkin muffin and Grande Iced Green Tea (unsweet).



Dinner

Giant Ezekiel Taco with Blue Moon Harvest.





Dessert

About 4 homemade Oatmeal Almond cookies with Original Almond Breeze.






Saturday's Eats

Brekkie

Green Smoothie Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh organic spinach
  • 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh cucumber, chopped
  • 1 cup Original Almond Breeze
  • 1 packed of Vega Vanilla Chai

Want to know how to ruin a perfectly delicious smoothie?  Add Vega.  Maybe its better just with almond milk.

I didn't drink much of that pretty smoothie.  Made some more Raw Vegan Dark Cherry Chocolate Balls and ate about 4 instead.




Lunch

Grilled Cheese with Cheddar and Reduced Fat Feta, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Spinach and Organic Tomatoes.


Followed by a cookie or two...



Dinner

A really quick turkey taco salad.


At the Rock Show I drank a glass of Shock Top.


And a Cherry Bomb with some friends...



Here are a few shots of my favorite bands of the night...

SEVEN
Sunshine & Bullets
1/3 SHADOWSELF


Late Snacks

How can you possibly NOT be hungry when you get home after 4 in the morning?

2 Scrambled Eggs with Organic Tomatoes.


And a cookie...



Sunday's Eats

Brekkie

Whole Wheat French Toast with Organic Maple Syrup and Original Almond Breeze.




Lunch

Two turkey tacos on blue shells.



Dinner

Salmon with Steamed Broccoli, Brown Rice and Organic Tomatoes.





On Monday I was wishing for a repeat Labor Day.  Would've been nice to sleep for another 24 hours.  I don't know how I used to stay up so late all the time... guess I'm getting old.

Au revoir!

No comments: