Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcoming the Autumn Equinox!

{ credit: silvester }
September's Harvest Moon was last night!  Did you see it?  Sadly, I actually missed it.  Tonight the sky is too cloudy to see much of a full moon.  There are celebrations all over the world in honor of the Autumnal Equinox, especially in China for the Moon Festival.  (It looks so neat! Would love to experience that one day.)

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons... when the leaves change and the weather finally starts to cool off a bit.  The air just feels different and more inviting.  Maybe we'll have a somewhat normal fall this year, Florida.

I'm looking forward to wearing sweaters and boots, eating root vegetables and other seasonal, warm and comforting foods, parties by bonfires and camping trips, and my favorite holiday, Halloween, is just around the corner!


Eats

Brekkie

With only a little bit of greens left and zero fruit, I made an Egg and Cheddar on WW English Muffin with a Super Orange Emergen-C.



Snacks

FAGE 2% with Honey after lunch.  And one of these Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb late in the afternoon.



Lunch

A simple salad of all the veggies I could find... food shopping is on the to-do list.

Organic Romaine, Chickpea, Tomato, Cucumber, Green Onion Salad.


Dinner

Mushroom Ravioli with Steamed Broccoli and Parmesan Cheese.




Healthy Habits

Body Care
Body Brushing: check!
Exercise: Primary Back Stretch and Hoe Downs

Things didn't go as planned this evening, so my workout was sacrificed.  But I did read Chapter 1 of Forever Young by Nicholas Perricone, MD! So far it's very scientific, yet still easy to understand his concept.  I like the health education part of his books...

Confession: I'm a nerd that loves to learn new tricks things.

Nourishment
Fruits: 3 servings
Veggies: 4 servings
Water: 1 liter

Supplements
Alfalfa: 6 caps
B-12 Plus: 8 sprays
Emergen-C: 1 packet
Vitamin D3: 8 sprays

Happy Autumn, friends!

Au revoir!


P.S. I plan on taking better care of myself tomorrow. Exercise in the morning (I really need to work out that stiff feeling when I first wake up), body brushing, oil pulling (got some organic sunflower oil!), take ALL supplements, a green smoothie, and lots of water! Gotta clean up the apartment and get things ready for my sister's visit on Saturday too.  It's gonna be a super fun weekend.  I can feel it!

No comments: