Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Benefits of Body Brushing


Body brushing is not a new concept. In fact, Europeans have been doing it for centuries. Another reason why Europeans look fantastic!


What is Body Brushing?
Body Brushing is also known as skin brushing and dry brushing. It's done using a natural bristle brush, like this one that T-Tapp sells for $10.00.





Teresa Tapp, creator of the T-Tapp Workout and author of Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes, has developed a specific body brushing pattern that has proven to be effective for all ages and a variety of health and beauty concerns. Teresa's pattern involves brushing the entire body from the feet all the way up to the neckline. Once finished you can go back to areas that need a little extra attention, such as the butt, thighs and abdomen.

It's best to body brush first thing in the morning, when the increased blood flow will help wake you up and the body is in a natural detox stage, or before you take a bath or shower.

Don’t brush rough; use light butterfly strokes. Over-brushing causes the skin to turn red and become irritated.

The whole T-Tapp brushing sequence takes less than 5 minutes to complete and it feels fabulous!


Some of the many benefits of body brushing include:
  • Strengthens the Immune System/Eliminates Toxins
  • Stimulates Blood Flow/Improves Circulation
  • Stimulates Lymphatic Flow
  • Stimulates the Hormone and Oil Glands
  • Exercises the Skin
  • Exfoliates the Skin and Encourages New Cell Growth
  • Helps to Smooth the Skin and Eliminate Cellulite
  • Helps to Tighten the Skin (even loose skin after losing weight or having a child)
  • Helps Digestion
  • Tones the Muscles

Check out some of these reference articles for detailed information:


Want to get brushing?
Check out T-Tapp's CRT Brushing Sequence DVD and Body Brush Combo!

The CRT Brushing Sequence and Body Brush Combo includes:

  • CRT Brushing Sequence DVD: Teaches Teresa Tapp's special brushing sequence step by step with detailed instruction.
  • CRT Body Brush: All natural plant fiber bristle brush.
  • CRT Brushing Sequence Brochure: Outlines the special brushing sequence step by step. Great for travel!

CRT Brushing Sequence DVD now includes the following exercises to pump the lymphatic system, eliminate toxins and target cellulite areas:

  • Awesome Legs
  • Jog Rocks
  • Hoe Downs
  • Diva Derriere
Price: $30.00

Product Reviews

  1. AMAZING RESULTS

    Posted by Sherrill/Indiana on 4th Aug 2009
    I had been an on again off again T-TAPPER but not anymore. There really is no other workout to try. Then I remembered the BRUSH. I started doing this again and the results...well, amazing. It's made people ask me "why do you look so fit and toned" I NEVER thought I'd hear those words again at 41. I'm a tapper and brusher for life. It wakes one up and just makes you feel ALIVE and ENERGIZED. Read Teresa and then Live the results YOU WON"T BE SORRY!

  2. Why don't more people know about this?

    Posted by Jaye - NJ on 31st Jul 2009
    Having a great deal of weight to lose, I had pretty much resigned myself to requiring surgery to remove massive amounts of skin once I reach my goal. I firmly believe this is no longer the case.

    I have been using the dry brush for only 3 weeks now following Teresa's clear instructions and including the alfalfa and Fibertox in my diet. All I can say is I have actually allowed myself to go out on business appointments sleeveless for the first time in years this week because my arms look so much better! I am also seriously considering wearing a bathing suit before this Summer is over because the skin on my legs has tightened up considerably.

    Please understand this is no panacea, I won't be posing for any swimsuit pictures any time soon ... but if this progress continues over the next year I believe I will honestly be able to encourage my skin to remain elastic and keep shrinking along with my weight loss which is what I am after.

    I should also add that my skin has never been softer since adding this program to my morning regimen.

  3. Great Product at a Great Value!

    Posted by Vicki McSwain on 24th Apr 2009
    I admit I was somewhat skeptical about the theory of body brushing and the ability to affect cellulite at all. I purchased this product a month ago and was a little dismayed at how stiff the brush felt at first. Teresa recommends working up to dry-brushing by using it in the shower or bath and voila! In about two weeks I was able to dry-brush (a little more convenient). My skin is absolutely glowing and I've already noticed the backs of my arms and my armpit area have shown improved tightness. I'll have to take another measurement on the legs but I know they definitely FEEL better! The target-pop exercises included on the DVD are awesome, especially Awesome Legs and Diva Derriere. I was able to perform the moves on this DVD in a hotel room very easily while I was recently on a trip. No jumping around, no noise! You definitely need to get this product.
    More Reviews from the CRT Skin Tightening Body Brush...
  1. I never thought my skin could look and feel like this again!!

    Posted by Barbara on 23rd Jul 2009
    I am a total convert and addict to my brush. I got the brush and supplements a few months ago and I was religious about brushing and taking the Alfalfa and Fibertox. I was amazed after a week at how my skin was changing...now, I don't ever miss a day of brushing even though I am no longer taking the supplements my skin continues to look like it did 10 or maybe even 20 years ago.

  2. Wake Up Your Skin!

    Posted by Vicki McSwain on 26th Apr 2009
    I started brushing about a month ago and had to work up to dry brushing by using it in the shower a few times. It gets my heart rate up somewhat following the brisk brushing pattern, so that's a little bonus. The bristles are all-natural vegetable fiber and my cats absolutely love to try to gnaw on it, so I keep it put away when not in use! I can definitely tell a difference on my arms. I have a longer way to go on my thighs, but I think they are showing improvement also.

    My husband thinks it looks like I'm currying a horse and winces when he sees me dry-brushing, but he does like my smooth, glowing skin!

  3. Using it for years!

    Posted by Debi on 3rd Apr 2009
    I use this brush every day in the shower. It does make a difference in the tightness of your skin. A new brush is VERY invigorating (you may want to go a bit light handed). I use this in place of a wash cloth and I follow the brushing techniques that Theresa teaches.

  4. A brisk brush

    Posted by April on 7th Dec 2008
    I recently ordered 3 new brushes. It is to be used following the skin tightening dry brush technique by Teresa Tapp.
    I use it one a day before I shower and it helps circulation and while it is very stiff the natural bristles do soften a bit over time. It can be washed.
    It is a reasonable price and good quality. Happy brushing.


Body Brushing is Not Just for Beauty!
During my research I discovered the body brushing is a non-invasive way to help those with ADD/ADHD, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, SID and Autism! Body brushing seems to help improve any neurological conditions and stimulates the immature primitive reflexes while it calms and soothes the nervous system. Amazing!

Here are the articles for reference:

Happy Brushing!

No comments: