Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello September!


HELLO September!
{ photo credit: kitty genius }


Skipped my morning routine today... bleh. I feel better this morning - thank goodness. Although it feels like Monday all over again for some reason.


8:10am: 2 boiled eggs with sea salt


Morning supplements:
Alfalfa: 3
B-12: 3 sprays
Vibrational Superfood: 1


12:40pm: tuna pita (whole wheat pita, albacore tuna pouch, a little mayo, spinach, seriously sharp cheddar, red grapes)

Lunch was pretty tasty, budget and pescetarian friendly!


1:20pm: hot organic green tea with Ribose


Afternoon supplements:
Ribose: 1 scoop


I did 4 sets of Hoe Downs with Jen and Berei at about 4pm. A bit late for after lunch, but we still got them in. Any T-Tapp Retreat-goers out there? Better step it up and do more sets of Hoe Downs!


After work we were trying to find this Greek Salad place called Woody's in South Tampa. I got a $10 gift card in the mail from them (thanks to my mom and sister filling out comment cards) and was in the mood for a salad. Well, we found Woody's, but they're only open for lunch. Will have to try going back this weekend. I love Greek salad.

We passed by a Fresh Market and decided to stop to pick up a few things for dinner. In the shopping basket:



Absolutely delish! My kind of wine. ♥


6:40pm: 1/2 banana (blood sugar getting dangerously low)

7:45pm: portobello mushroom salad (romaine, red onion, garlic, grilled mushroom, cheddar cheese, shredded carrots), slice of spelt toast with oregano olive oil, 6 oz glass of pinot noir




Just noticed that I've been eating more like a Pescetarian these past few days, with the exception of the turkey Subway sandwich I split with the boyfriend.

Maybe we should make every Tuesday... Pescetarian Tuesday. Sort of like Meatless Monday. Sounds like it should be a holiday to me! (At least it's centered around food.) No clue what a "pescetarian" is? Keep reading...

Pescetarianism (more on Wikipedia and Pescetarian Life) is similar to Vegetarianism in that the meat of land animals (beef, pork, chicken, etc) are avoided, whereas a Pescetarian will allow for the consumption of seafood, and maybe eggs, dairy and honey as well. Perhaps more similar to Pescetarianism is the Mediterranean Diet. In the article, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition explains the following typical Mediterranean eating habits:

The diet is characterized by abundant plant foods (fruit, vegetables, breads, other forms of cereals, potatoes, beans, nuts, and seeds), fresh fruit as the typical daily dessert, olive oil as the principal source of fat, dairy products (principally cheese and yogurt), and fish and poultry consumed in low to moderate amounts, zero to four eggs consumed weekly, red meat consumed in low amounts, and wine consumed in low to moderate amounts, normally with meals.


Sounds delicious to me! I would like to eat fresh fish a lot more often. My favorites are salmon, tuna and grouper. Thinking I'll pick up some sushi-grade tuna to grill for dinner tomorrow after my appointments.


I'm felling mighty lazy tonight. It's already 9:30pm, the boyfriend is at band practice, the apartment is quiet, puppy is snoozing, and I need to workout. Do I feel like it? Not really. I have the time to myself tonight and need to be my own motivator. That's the hardest part...

{ take a time out for lolly-gagging on the net }

... okay, enough with this nonsense. I'm going to get my workout gear on and push "play" to finish T-Tapping before it's past my bedtime.




Allright... back from my workout. I chose Step it to the Max. Now I feel great! Gotta love that workout. It's so lymphatic and I can feel my whole body - even though the moves look so simple. Click the banner above to go to the T-Tapp Store and read about the Step Away Series! The beauty of this workout is that you can learn the T-Tapp techniques and then apply them into your daily movement to sneak in exercise, feel and look great.

Off to body brush, shower, take supplements and read Breaking Dawn until I pass out.


Evening supplements:
Alfalfa: 3
Natural Calm: 1 tsp


Good night!

No comments: