Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boycotting Panera

This morning I had to skip my workout. Why? Because I had to drop my car off for the 4th time to the body shop. This time to fix the hood that was never aligned properly. Yes, it was barely noticeable, but I have a keen eye for details and it was irking the heck out of me. Now my Mazda just needs a bath.


Workout

Just body brushing this morning, and 2 sets of Hoe Downs after lunch so far.

Plan on doing Tempo 2 this evening... and might finally add some core-building floor moves.


Food Log

Brekkie

Panera Bread Egg & Cheese Souffle and Nonfat Caramel Latte.





I am so bad! Should have gone next door to Smoothie King instead. So much for willpower today.

After looking up these items on Panera's nutrition section, I am shocked that they use high fructose corn syrup in their lattes!!! YUCK! Boycotting Panera now. Grrr! Sorry Panera, as much as I love your food, this turns me off...

Caramel Latte: Reduced fat milk (milk, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D3), caramel syrup (sweetened condensed milk, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, corn syrup, light brown sugar, butter [pasteurized cream, salt], water, cream, salt, soy lecithin, natural caramel flavor, pure vanilla extract, potassium sorbate as preservative), whipped cream (cream, water, sugar, non-fat milk powder, mono and diglycerides, carrageenan, natural vanilla), espresso.
Why can't they use REAL caramel? YUCK!

Guess I should have checked their nutritional information BEFORE splurging on it.

Just emailed Panera Bread about my disappointment in their use of HFCS. We'll see if they respond.


Lunch

Ban Thai Coconut Chicken Soup.






Supplements

Alfalfa: 3 caps
B-12 Plus: 4 sprays
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin Bone & Joint Formula: 2 caps
nutraMetrix® Isotonix Calcium Complete: 1 serving

Water intake: 0.5 liter

Au revoir!


No comments: