Organic Black Beans and Brown Rice.
Beans and rice make a great, nutritious and delicious meal. Cheap and easy to make too!
- 1 can of organic black beans (I purchase Organic Black Beans in a can from Publix, the GreenWise brand.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of dry rice (One of my favorite brands of rice is Lundberg Wild Blend. It's a little pricey, but the flavor can't be beat. Organic brown rice is a good alternative.)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- seasonings to taste
- vegetable and cheese toppings of choice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- When rice has about 10-15 minutes left, you can start the beans. Heat olive oil in pan. Open the can, do not drain, and empty the contents into a pan.
- Add apple cider vinegar and seasonings. Cook beans until boiling, reduce to simmer.
- Chop vegetable toppings. I like to use tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeno, and spinach.
- Shred cheddar cheese and get sour cream or Greek yogurt ready for toppings.
- Serve beans over rice in a bowl and each person can customize their meal with toppings they enjoy.
Organic Gala Apple with a spoon of PB.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... I did eat a 100 calorie Klondike bar too. That's probably why I felt so run down this morning, even after almost 8 hours of sleep. Dessert right before bed is a no no!
Magnesium Oil: topically
Fruits: 1 servings
Veggies: 2 servings
Water: 1 liter
I did OK on meeting my goals today...
- Wake up a bit early -- done!
- Exercise upon rising -- done!
- Complete healthy habits -- skipped body brushing, oil pulling and a mag soak... will do better tomorrow.
- Make and drink a green smoothie -- done!
- Skip the sweets (including wine) -- messed up and ate dessert when I knew better.
- Bring lunch to the office -- done!
- Experiment with a new butternut squash recipe -- found some great ones today from WFM!
- Try 2/day blog posting (noon and evening) -- Well, it kinda worked
- Use the Rebel for photos -- done!