Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kicking off Tappy Holidays 2010



This holiday season I'm armed with healthy tools to keep me accountable, active and eating veggies.  T'appy Holidays with T-Tapp Trainer Lani Muelrath is a T-Tapper's dream.  Lani created a spreadsheet that gives a weekly outline with some healthy habits including daily exercise, body brushing, eating 7 servings of veggies and having a "gusto" breakfast.  For each activity that you complete you get a certain amount of points.  At the end of the week you tally up your points and see where you fall: Goddess, Diva, Muse or Flirt.  We all want to be Goddesses!!!

This is a wonderful way to keep up with your healthy habits and stay on track with a fitness plan during the busiest time of year!  Tappy Holidays started on Sunday, November 7th.  I technically started on Monday because I was feeling under the weather this weekend and needed to get a newsletter done for work.

Monday, November 8th
So far so good!  Yesterday I got in 6 servings of veggies and my body brushing.  Skipped a gusto brekkie and had a cup of hot coffee (it's cold in Florida!) with cream and raw sugar, plus an organic golden delicious apple once I got to the office.  I was starving by lunch and devoured 2.5 cups of raw salad (romaine, spinach, onion, carrots, cilantro) and 1 cup of homemade pumpkin soup.  That's 5 servings of veggies at lunch alone!  For dinner I made a fresh organic beef chili packed with veggies (zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, and kidney beans).  Almost 7 servings, but one short due to skipping brekkie... the most important meal of the day!

No exercise though...very busy day and I didn't make the time for it.  No excuses.


Tuesday, November 9th
I made sure to get in my veggies... 1.5 cups of chopped zucchini, onion and baby bellas accompanied my 2 scrambled eggs with BVI Seasoning and Garlic Pepper.  That's 3 servings of veggies!  For lunch I ate another bowl of my pumpkin soup, which accounted for another 2 servings.  And dinner was more of my beef chili.  I did sneak in a few all-natural gummy bears.

Workout: Basic Workout Plus + floor work (OIP/HF, 15 Crunches, AL, PT, DD) for a 30 minute "free choice" routine.  And got my body brushing in too!


Will keep you posted on my T'appy Holidays progress each week in a wrap-up blog.  For now I'm off to get in more veggies...  staying stocked up on produce is KEY!

Au revoir!

No comments: