Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunday's Trip to the Farmer's Market

I was up before 9am on Sunday morning.  Dogs are great for waking you up early, even on weekends.  I made a gusto brekkie of scrambled eggs wrapped in several organic romaine leaves with 50% reduced fat sharp white cheddar cheese.  We left for Tampa shortly after for a well overdue trip to the farmer's market.

Sweetwater Organic Community Farm opens to the public on Sunday's at noon.  They have a pretty amazing CSA program I wish I could participate in.  At the market you'll find vendors, vegan eats, fresh produce to purchase, live music and farm tours.  Bring the kids and leashed dogs for an earthy afternoon on the farm.

The place was packed with people bustling around.  I think it's fun to browse and talk to each of the vendors to see what they're offering.  The organic produce included some veggies from the farm, but mostly the kind of produce you'd find at a local health food store.  I ended up buying a bag of fresh organic basil, a few of the most beautiful zucchinis ever, an organic butternut squash and cherry tomatoes.

To be honest, I just like being on the farm. Here are a few photos for you to enjoy...





I'm looking forward to heading back to the farm this Sunday, but also want to finally check out St. Pete's Saturday Morning Market.  It's supposed to be spectacular!

Au revoir!

No comments: