Monday, September 14, 2009

RealAge on Ribose



I found this article by RealAge on Ribose, a supplement Teresa recommended that I take to help with my energy levels. I mixed it with my hot tea (like a sweetener) for about a week and could feel a difference, but I ran out of the supplement today. I was taking Jarrow Formula's Ribose Powder.

What does Ribose do?

Ribose is one of the necessary building blocks for the formation of ATP, the “universal” energy molecule in the body. Physical stress can deplete ATP stores in cardiac and skeletal muscles. As the rate-limiting substrate in the synthesis of nucleotides, including ATP, ribose plays a vital role in replenishing ATP, thus, enhancing energy production and improving workout recovery.



All my health care professionals think I still have some adrenal stuff going on as a result of the accident. Now that I've been consistently T-Tapping my energy has improved, but I still have my days. Ribose is a great way to sweeten up your drinks minus the calories and plus the energy.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

No comments: