Sunday, February 21, 2010

{ weekend } New Hair + Pampered Chef Party

I'm got a new hair style today! Much overdo, my friends. It's been a busy hair salon time-warp for the majority of my Saturday.




I ♥ purple hair!


{ Note to self: Bring laptop to salon next time. }

Let's start with this morning...


Workout

Tempo 2 + body brushing.

I worked out first thing this morning. Man, what a big difference from yesterday afternoon. I feel weaker today, like my body doesn't want to cooperate as much. And I thought Day 3 was hard! Now I'm in the routine and will continue with daily exercise.

My Boot Camp was successful! I will be taking tomorrow off to rest, relax and try that meditation CD I got for Christmas.

Here's the Get Healthy & Fit Game Plan for this week:

  • Starting an Every Other Day Schedule: Complete 3 full workouts (30+ minutes each) per week with days off in between. I will start to mix up my routine a bit by using different T-Tapp workouts during the week (see notes below). Starting Monday, February 22nd I will be on an every other day schedule; full workout days being M, W, F, if possible. 3-4 full workouts per week schedule will continue until I reach my goals.
  • Off Day Routine: AKA Rest Days can be taken completely off OR do 20 minutes or less of T-Tapp movement OR walk outside using T-Tapp techniques. Either Basic Plus Tempo, T-Tapp MORE OR Primary Back Stretch + Organs in Place/Half Frogs, 30 Crunches, 15 Oblique Sit-ups (each side), Awesome Legs, Pretzel Twist and Diva Derriere. Mix it up and start to add more standard core building and stretching moves like yoga, planks, wall-sits and push-ups.

Notes for this week:


  1. Get Maxi Max #1 back into the workout rotation again. It's an hour long with all Total Workout standing exercises and Hit the Floor exercises + OIP/HF, AL, PT, DD and all the crunches. I really like the pace of this workout, but apply more of the newer muscle activation techniques Teresa Tapp created.
  2. Celebrate success. Next time I achieve a goal I will treat myself by investing in a new piece of fitness gear from my wish list. A calorie-free way to enjoy success!
  3. Try some of those new moves this week for more core and stretching.
  4. Relax: Listen to the meditation CD, take a salt bath

This Boot Camp has been a bit different. Instead of the 2nd or 3rd day being the hardest, the 3rd was the most enlightening and tuned in I've been in a while.


Food Log

Snack

Organic Baby Gala Apple and Babybel Cheese.




Brekkie

Scrambled Eggs, Slice of Bacon, Spinach, Avocado, Tomato.




Latte

Starbucks Iced Grande Nonfat Vanilla Latte.



Sorry, I drink iced coffee very quickly!

That photo on the left is an inspiration photo of what how I wanted my hair colored. Not sure how I would look with a cut like that. My hair is super thick!


Late Lunch

Reheated Organic Turkey Chili.




Pampered Chef Party: Dinner & Dessert

Then I headed over to Valerie & Matt's house. The food was amazing!!!



I enjoyed a glass of red in this beautiful glass...



Had some of the chicken lasagna and a slice of toast with cheesy bacon dip.



And for dessert...

Iced pound cake with sorbet and fruit.


That's a winning ticket! I won a little cookbook.

Then snacked on some green M&Ms and roasted salted peanuts.




I ended up ordering one of these pretty babies...



Large Round Stone with Handles $29.50 $23.60 sale
Bake large frozen pizzas, appetizers for a get-together, and gooey chocolate chip cookies. Contoured handles are molded directly onto the baking stone, making it easy to move recipes into and out of the oven and carry them to the table. 15".

My cookie sheet died last week. It's too scratched to continue to use. I want to switch to stone, glass and iron cookware this year.

About Stoneware:
  • Evenly distributes heat and draws moisture away from the surface
  • Retains heat, so your just-out-of-the-oven foods stay hot longer
  • No presoaking needed before use
  • Virtually nonporous, so it doesn't retain oils, odors or flavors
  • Microwave-, freezer-, and conventional and convection oven-safe
I canNOT wait to use this stone!


To end the evening, we played Scattergories and had a few laughs. It was a good night!


Supplements

Alfalfa: 3 caps
B-12 Plus: 4 sprays
Cellfood: 8 drops
Jus: 1 ounce
nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete: 2 servings
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin® Bone & Joint Formula: 3 caps

Water intake: 2.5 liters
Au revoir!

No comments: