Friday, February 19, 2010

Fiesta Friday & Fierce Fitness

We're celebrating another Fiesta Friday! On the menu tonight was Wild Cod Organic Tacos and Salad. Holy deliciousness!

Check out the size of this avocado:


This baby was HUGE!


We ate half with dinner, covered the rest with fresh lime juice and stored for tomorrow.

But first, let's talk fitness...


Tonight's Workout

Tempo 2!

Today was Day 3 of my 4-day Boot Camp. Let me just tell you that it was a killer workout day. I didn't make the morning workout and it ended up turning out to be a good thing. Some days I feel like I have better concentration and control during workouts. This morning I was too sleepy and today was one of those days.

You know you're doing T-Tapp right when you already feel the heat after just part of Primary Back Stretch. During my workout I really paid attention to my breathing; exhaling on the hard parts and inhaling on the rest parts. It made a difference and helped me curl my core even more... exhale and then tighten tummy. Ah-ha! I was dripping sweat, getting back into alignment and feeling the burn with each exercise. Really focusing and tuning into how I felt with each movement took my workout to the next level. Amazing!

As corny as it sounds, T-Tapp makes me feel alive! Tempo 2 is fierce.


Food Log

Snack

Chobani Peach Nonfat Yogurt.




Dinner

Wild Cod Organic Tacos and Salad. And a tall glass of Pinot Noir.




Fiesta!



On this plate:
1 taco stuffed full with everything else you see... Wild Cod seasoned and pan-fried in a little EVOO, purple cabbage, avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, a little extra sharp white cheddar, low fat sour cream. All ingredients were organic, except the cheese.

You'll see this meal on the menu again soon. It was light, refreshing and absolutely delish. Next time we're going to try blackened fish and make salads with organic blue corn chips on the side.

Recipe coming soon!


Reviewing today's food log:
I ate a few too many processed carbs today... from the instant oatmeal to the organic corn bread and the organic yellow taco shell. Tomorrow will be upping my veggies, for sure. Would love to get in 6 a day again.

Think I will cut out the coffee and lattes this coming week. Time to switch back to hot tea!


Supplements

Alfalfa: 3 caps
B-12 Plus: 4 sprays
Jus: 1 ounce
nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete: 1 serving
nutraMetrix® Glucosatrin® Bone & Joint Formula: 1 cap

Water intake: 2 liters


Off to catch up on Project Runway and chill out for the evening. Stay tuned for tomorrow... I'm getting a new hair-do and attending a Pampered Chef party with friends! Oh, how I adore the weekend. ♥


Au revoir!


No comments: