Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boots with a Sundress

I this Stained Glass at Green Springs!

Well, last night was a LATE night.  Yet again I'm recapping the day before.

I did manage to squeeze in a few healthy habits, including a full workout.  SHADOWSELF (my boyfriend's band) played a show at Gasoline Alley last night.  Even though it was a work night, I decided to go show my support and ended up having some fun too.  They rocked it!


Eats

Brekkie

Green Monster with the little bit of produce left in my fridge: 2 cups fresh organic spinach, 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1 cup original Almond Breeze.  Not too filling, but it almost lasted me until lunch.  (Sorry no photo! Just imagine a very, very green frothy drink.)

I also had a glass of hot organic green tea.




Lunch

My lovely mother picked me up and took me out to lunch at the local Green Springs restaurant in Safety Harbor.


This was my first time actually eating in the restaurant since they moved to this location.  BTW, this is an old house turned eatery and it is absolutely adorable inside!  Check out that stained glass image above. Beautiful!

I ordered the Grilled Mahi-Mahi Sandwich. Yum!


And we finished off our meal with some handmade Berry Cobbler. OMG to die for!


I barely tasted any added sugar.  Mostly just berries and the crumble on top with a bit of the ice cream.  (Would be a vegan dish, minus the ice cream.)  I'd like to try making this at home!

Thanks for the wonderful lunch Mom! I love you!


Dinner

Again, dinner was rushed.  We stopped by Subway and Marcel ordered the Italian BMT.  I ate about a 1/4 of this sandwich (since I really didn't even want a sandwich).  Seems like sandwiches are an easy solution when time crunched... need to think of something else (healthier) for those type of situations.



At the venue I sipped on a Yuengling, but didn't even drink a whole one (maybe 1/2?).  We played some pool and I knocked a few balls in.  Over the course of the evening I drank 2 bottles of water... and the bartender gave me a free Jägerbomb shotTHAT woke me up!!!  It has been months (maybe years?) since I drank one of those shots.


SHADOWSELF rockin' on stage!

Thanks to all my Facebook friends who commented on whether or not I should wear boots with a sundress in the Florida summer heat.  


I took the plunge and wore them anyway.  Got a few compliments on my outfit, so I think it turned out to be pretty stylish!  Surprisingly several girls were wearing boots (with skirts or shorts) too.

Dress: Target
Boots: Slouchy Blue Suede, purchased online years ago
Cross-body Bag: Candies
Hair: By Kristy!


Healthy Habits

Nourishment
Fruits: 2 servings
Veggies: 3.5 servings
Water: 1 liter
 
Body Care
Body Brushing & Oil Pulling: check!
Sauna: I skipped the sauna and opted for a workout instead.  Maybe next week I'll get back to this healthy habit!
Exercise: Tempo 2.  Customized this and did a shorter version for the lower body since I was crunched on time.

Supplements
Alfalfa: 6 caps
B-12 Plus: 8 sprays


Au revoir!


P.S. Tonight we're having another (free) movie date night in Tampa, so I will try my best to get my blog on before bed.

No comments: