Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday Fun with Friends

Hope you had a Happy World Vegetarian Day!  I've been eating more and more vegetarian these days... without really trying.  Actually, did eat 100% Veggie today too.  I have to admit that I'm totally addicted to green smoothies.  They get 2 servings of veggies in my system first thing in the morning. Power punch of natural nutrients from whole foods.  Yum!  I made Abbie (my sister) her first ever green smoothie today. She loved it!

Friday night Abbie and I met up with a bunch of our friends in St. Pete for a rock show at State Theater.  4 bands played and I knew 3 of them.  Good times!  Since we ended up going to bed just before 5am, I didn't get to post my blog last night.

My Car Woes... please continue to scroll for Friday's eats.
It was our THIRD trip to St. Pete for the day... dropped my car off at the Mazda dealership to get the 5th gear in my manual transmission evaluated.  It keeps popping out of 5th gear as I'm driving... and I really NEED my 5th gear!  At the end of the day I paid $99 for a transmission diagnostic, a car wash and to be told that I need an entirely new rebuilt transmission installed for $3,500, including labor! *Gasp!* followed by tears streaming down my face.  If only I had a warranty!  (Or won the lottery.)  So I'm trying to figure out what to do next since I don't have that kind of money to dump into a car I've had for a only year and a half.


Eats

Brekkie

Green Smoothie:
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 2 cups fresh organic baby romaine
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 3 oz Chobani 0%







Lunch

I split an Eggplant Marino from Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza with Abbie. Yum!  She stopped by the T-Tapp office for a quick lunch before going to meet more of her Florida friends at the beach.  I ate a few bites of the bread and then tossed it.  Not a big fan of their bread, but the eggplant is SO delicious!



Dinner

I made some fresh homemade hummus with Abbie.  We split an Ezekiel wrap in half, added hummus spread, green pepper, tomatoes, cheddar and greens, then wrapped it up.



And made some fresh organic sweet potato fries with spicy honey mustard.



Drinks

At State Theater I enjoyed 2 Shock Top beers and 2 ice waters.

St. Petersburg's State Theater

I ♥ Sunshine & Bullets!

Abbie, me and Lauren
After the show we walked a few blocks over to The Emerald... and my water drinking continued.  It was a fun night with about 10 of my closest friends!  Wish we could do this more often, and I wish I lived closer to Abbie too.



Healthy Habits

Body Care
Body Brushing: check!
Exercise: walking around downtown St. Pete, not a whole lot of fitness today.

Nourishment
Fruits: 1 serving
Veggies: 5 servings
Water: 2 liters

Supplements
Alfalfa: 6 caps
Immune Boost: 1 dropper
Pyruvyl Glycine: 12 sprays
Vitamin D3: 8 sprays


My weekend post will be on time... promise!

Au revoir!

No comments: