Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gettin' My Health Groove On!

Playing catch up again... ended up falling asleep before I could blog last night. Oops!




I've realized that for me to be happy in life I have to feel good in my body. When my body hurts it really impacts my daily activities. Doing healthy things for myself in turn make me a happy woman. Making the time for giving my body what it needs is vital to my well being. For example, here are some of the things that my body currently needs on a regular basis: the quality of consistent T-Tapp movement, alkaline water, organic God-made whole foods, weekly sauna sessions, body brushing, enough sleep, the proper supplements and a balance between work and play. I'm sure there are more, but that's all it's demanding from me right now... and that's a lot to keep up with!

There are times when we get so busy in life that we let those signals (or warning signs) from our body fade away as we attend to more important matters. For me that always results in running out of energy or wearing myself down even faster. If I take time out of my busy day to do a few of the important things on my body's to-do list, the other things seem to fall into place naturally.

The moral of this story is to tune into your body and find out what it's asking for. More veggies? More water? A nice afternoon nap? A few sets of Hoe Downs? A walk around the block? Take a little time for yourself each day to do something healthy for your body. And remember that what you do today helps you get closer to your goals tomorrow... and you'll feel better doing it!


Tuesday, May 18th

Healthy Habits

Body Care
Body Brushing - check!
Oil Pulling - check!
Exercise - Primary Back Stretch before brushing.

Nourishment
Fruits - 2 servings today.
Veggies - 3 servings today.
Water - check!

Supplements
Alfalfa: 6 caps
B-12 Plus: 8 sprays
Vitamin D3: 8 sprays


Eats

Brekkie

Jamba Juice! I shared a shot of wheatgrass with Marcel. He loved it too! Then drank almost half of the smoothie I ordered... Protein Berry Workout. I discovered that I do NOT like the taste of the whey protein they use. Yuck! The aftertaste and smell were hardly bearable... and it ended up in the trash. I had a few sips of Marcel's all-fruit smoothie, which was pretty yummy.

{ sorry no photo}


Lunch

Wolfgang Puck's Lentil Veggie Soup.


Has to be the grossest photo ever, but the soup actually tasted delicious for a canned soup!

And an Iced Grande Nonfat Vanilla Latte.


I drink these so much lately they need their own acronym: IGNVL!


Dinner

Chobani with Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning Cereal and Frozen Blueberries.




Wednesday, May 19th

Healthy Habits


Body Care
Body Brushing - check!
Oil Pulling - check!
Sauna - check! Yay, for sauna time. My body really needed it. Feeling SO much better!
Workout - check! Tempo Lower Body Standing. Got a great workout, then had to run out for about an hour to jump my dad's car.

Nourishment
Fruits - check! 1 servings today.
Veggies - check! 6 servings today.
Water - check!

Supplements
Alfalfa: 6 caps
Pyruvyl Glycine: 12 sprays
Vitamin D3: 8 sprays


Eats

Brekkie

IGNVL (see above).


Got my Lifefactory Bottle in the mail!!! Isn't it cute?!
Eco-friendly, on sale and stylish... can't beat that.

Jen brought in her blender today and we made purple green monsters!



  • Fresh spinach
  • Frozen organic cherries and blueberries
  • Original Almond Breeze
  • Stonyfield Farms Vanilla Yogurt
  • MILA
Just what I needed!


Ava and La stopped by for a quick minute and I just had to snap a photo.


She's so adorable!


Lunch

Amy's Spinach Pizza Pocket Sandwich and sliced Cucumber with Garlic Hummus.






And... Iced Tall Nonfat Vanilla Latte #2




Dinner

Leftover Buffalo Wild Wings and Broccoli.

2010


Post-workout Snack

Chobani 0% Vanilla Yogurt.

2010


Well, good night friends...

Au revoir!

No comments: