Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Get Healthy & Fit Game Plan



This time of year is known to get people to make healthier choices. Spring is just around the corner and I want to be healthier and fit by then. I was planning on starting a new Get Healthy & Fit Game Plan after seeing my depressing January Jump Start Challenge results. Normally I get amazing results with T-Tapp, but there is so much else going on with my body that I need to take other things into account. What better time than NOW to begin making healthier choices.

"Exercise is your king, and nutrition is your queen. Together they create your fitness kingdom." -- Jack LaLanne
I'm going to take that quote to heart focus on those two things: exercise and nutrition.


Here's my plan...

Do At Least Three 45+ Minute T-Tapp Workouts Per Week
Now that the January Jump Start Challenge is over, I can do whatever workouts and exercises I want to do. It's a sigh of relief really. I loved using T-Tapp MORE, but will be glad to go back to using workouts like Tempo 2, Maxi Max #1 and Ladybug Workout.

Workout Plan:
  • I'm going to start with a 4-day Boot Camp using Tempo 2 - 8 Reps. If I have enough time and energy after that workout I will go to the floor and add: Organs in Place/Half Frogs, 30 Crunches, 15 Oblique Sit-ups (each side), Awesome Legs, Pretzel Twist and Diva Derriere.
  • After Boot Camp I will switch to an every other day schedule, which is 3 full workouts per week with days off in between. I will start to mix up my routine a bit by using different T-Tapp workouts during the week.
  • Off days (aka Rest Days) can be taken completely off OR do 20 minutes or less of T-Tapp movement OR walk outside using T-Tapp techniques. Either Basic Plus Tempo, T-Tapp MORE OR Primary Back Stretch + the floor moves listed above will be my go-to off day routine.
I want to start doing some yoga and more core building moves in addition to T-Tapp. Angela @ Oh She Glows did a Whittle My Middle 30-Day Challenge that included a lot of core building moves that I would love to do. So I may work in her little routine a few days a week.


Body Brush Daily
I need to keep up this habit up. Found that I really missed brushing during my vacation! Body brushing helps with reducing inflammation, as well as exercising the skin to keep it tight and reduce the appearance of cellulite, but it also has a lot of other benefits too! Click that body brushing link above to read my previous blog on this subject.


Eat Clean, God-made, Organic and Anti-inflammatory Foods
I will try to follow Teresa Tapp's God-made/Man-made (GM/MM) dietary guidelines for the most part. These simple guidelines limit the amount of man-made processed foods to every third day. So you eat clean, wholesome, naturally found-on-Earth foods for 2 days; then can eat something you've been craving, like pizza or brownies, on the third day. The 2 days of eating clean allow your body the time to process the man-made foods. God-made foods include: fruit, vegetables, lean meats, dairy, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.

I will buy all organic produce, meats and grains as much as possible. I want to feed my body the best nutrition I can find, without all of the pesticides, chemicals, food additives and GMOs.

I really like Dr. Weil's Anti-inflammatory Diet Tips! And Dr. Perricone has always promoted eating anti-inflammatory foods to slow aging and increase body efficiency. Dr. Perricone even calls the T-Tapp workout "the anti-aging workout" in his book Dr. Perricone's 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health, and Longevity: The Miracle of Cellular Rejuvenation. Amazing! Here's his take on pro-inflammatory foods:

Foods can be pro-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory. Pro-inflammatory foods promote wrinkles, disease, accelerate aging and cause the storage of fat. Pro-inflammatory, sugary, starchy foods causes a loss of radiance, dark circles under the eyes, loss of tone, increased line and wrinkles, loss of facial contours, increased puffiness and pore size. These foods also exacerbate acne, which is a systemic, inflammatory disease. Sugars and starches rob your youth, health and beauty.
Beauty, yet another reason to eat clean!


Limit Alcohol to 1-2 Glasses of Wine Per Week
I'm omitting beer and grain alcohol since they tend to put on weight faster. All alcohol is pro-inflammatory, so I figure a glass or two of wine per week won't hurt my results much.



Limit Added Sugar and Dessert
I want to try to cut out sugar in my coffee in the morning and other products that have added sugars as much as I can. I may even cut out coffee altogether and switch to organic tea instead.

I'm also going to limit dessert to one time every other week. Not that I eat that many sweets, but over the last month I did enjoy some ice cream and chocolates.


Getting waterlogged daily with 2-3 liters
Lately I have been reaching my 2 liter goal per day, but it can't hurt to drink more water.


That's it for now! Some of my other goals are nutrition related. I need to find a good daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement and to start taking Vitamin D3 and Omega-3 daily.


Wish me luck!

No comments: